There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Where do we post the news?

174 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Nothing terribly difficult. :lol: The only thing was to find the right words in order to keep both the meaning of the sentences and the lenght of the text...English is a very 'brief' language and those text translated in Italian could become way longer then the original. :D
All the rest were editorial question with the help of blutec and Lynnutte we sorted them out.

I think it would be better that I keep the Italian forums if it is ok for Nanouk, so that we post in the right language :D

Nanouk_Metal
Iscritto: 1 Mar 2008
Leonardo wrote:
I think it would be better that I keep the Italian forums if it is ok for Nanouk, so that we post in the right language :D

Ok, Leo. Yesterday was a kind of rush/urgent job for the GoW because of not much time left for RAD # 2.

@ Szark:
As for the french sites, it can be either Gbadji or me depending on how urgent the situation is.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 12 Gen 2008

Ok Italian sites for Leonardo. Cheers for that.

Quote:
@ Szark:
As for the french sites, it can be either Gbadji or me depending on how urgent the situation is.

No problems. Can I leave it up to you two, Nanouk and Gbadji, to communicate between yourselves to see and when who does what and let us know, that would be great, cheers.

Quote:
All the rest were editorial question with the help of blutec and Lynnutte we sorted them out

@Leonardo: This is good to hear. Got to keep lynnutte on her toes. :D :wink:

Szark

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Gbadji
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008
(Crier)_Nanouk wrote:

Yes of course, I can do some announcements too but nanouk works too fast for me this time. :lol:

See you soon.

Nothing to do except a dream, see you soon in the City.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Cheers Gbadji,

@ Everyone I have updated page one, of this thread, can you take a look and let me know what you think. Also Marten, Lynnutte, veralun and Narym, your thoughts on what I said here

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=224&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p2267

Szark

Marten
Ritratto di Marten
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Iscritto: 8 Nov 2007

I think you are doing a fine job working out the details and and I'm really pleased that I don't have to get involved. :lol: I am sorry that I haven't had the time to give guidance but I don't think guidance was needed.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

I am pleased that you are pleased.

Quote:
but I don't think guidance was needed.

no but it would be nice to know that we are on the right track and maybe you, or the other members, might have some ideas or thoughts, that's all. :D Thanks anyway, this is good news.
Szark

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Ok I sent a PM to Coolwind through MOUL about Foros de esD'ni (Spanish)

http://www.coolwind.ws/esdni/foro/

Coolwind got back to me today and I have now got access to this site.
To quote Coolwind from PM:

Quote:
As for the monthly news item, you can post it on the forum in English without any problem, some members or me will translate it as soon as we can.

I have added this one to my list.

So that doen't leave many, well done everyone who helped with this. We have made a good start and hopefully a good foundation for the future of diseminating the News.

Szark

Nanouk_Metal

One of the "everyones" says a big bravo and thank you to Szark for his hard work.

The ship is floating ok now and no leaks in sight. :mrgreen:

Marten
Ritratto di Marten

Woot! for no leaks!

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

:oops: :oops: Arr shucks :oops: :oops: Now your'e just making fun of me, carry on.
but I ain't no rat either, I will go down with her or better still sail her around the world.
Szark

Nanouk_Metal

I have been accepted as a member at COBBS and will serve as a backup to Szark if/or when needed.

Yé to COBBS/Jim Hawarth for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Thats plenty! Your in.. have fun :)
Jim
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Crier-Nanouk

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Quote:
Thats plenty!

My mind boggles at the meaning of this. :D
Szark

Nanouk_Metal
Szark wrote:
Quote:
Thats plenty!

My mind boggles at the meaning of this. :D
Szark

Because I was not recommended by an active member, I had to pass a small Uru related test. (filter) :P

:idea: >> So, I showed Jim some of my work on three Uru sites and he seems to have liked it. :mrgreen:

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

My mind don't boggle anymore. I am boggleless!
Szark

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Mystraila has now activated my account. Post letter from Cyan the full deal. List updated
Szark

Nanouk_Metal

Just learned from the Moul Italian forum that Leonardo is on vacation.

They say they are aware of all the news from the Moul's forums.

Marten
Ritratto di Marten

Good to hear. I would guess that Ian is keeping them up to date. (He was at the conference this morning.)

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Well I got another German site, EMC, today. List updated as well as this added to the bottom

Quote:
Auto Feed with RSS
44 - MystCommunity

http://www.mystcommunity.com/board/

45 - The Cavern Today (TCT) Forums

http://www.thecaverntoday.org/forum>

Szark

Andros
Ritratto di Andros
Messenger
Iscritto: 29 Ott 2007

Good job with the list Szark.

Unless a new messenger is fluent in spanish or german and english. Do you need help with posting on the list of forums in the first post?
Quick question: Are the current translators translating only the newsletters or also the news on the RSS feed?

Kalypso: #85553

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Quote:
Are the current translators translating only the newsletters

Pass next question

Quote:
or also the news on the RSS feed?

No the feed is only in English. We don't ask people to translate as it is a big job so they do what they want to do. Main Cyan announcements and the Newsletters but you will have to ask Lynnutte that.

Quote:
Do you need help with posting on the list of forums in the first post?

I am not with you. That first post explains it all as a whole. I can handle all mine but if people want to be responsible for looking for news on these sites then that would be a big help but as for posting, no I can manage them it only takes twenty minutes or so to do and besides it won't be a regular thing this manual posting. We are only going to do it for really important news and announcements and whatever the translators feel they want to translate off the feed.

Szark

Andros
Ritratto di Andros
Messenger

I am asking about the RSS feed about not too long ago each news were translated into french and dutch. I don't know if it would be a good idea to restart this feature. I guess I'll have to ask at the next meeting.

Being the Liaison Chair, and this list is your "project", I was just asking if you could use help... Delegate some work to the new messengers. That is all.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Being the Liaison Chair, and this list is your "project", I was just asking if you could use help... Delegate some work to the new messengers. That is all.
I appreciate that Kalypso and at this present moment in time and taking in to account what I have said above in my previous post, I don't need any assistance apart from being relieved of this Temporary Liaison Chair position and for looking for news articles to write about. I would have thought in the future that this might change when MORE is online. Plus what I do, in my opinion should be left to a few people as possible. Posting important news whilst making sure that a large proportion of the community is informed as soon as possible, without the need to have to wait for time zones and other people to post the news manually. Ok this does not say that we do not need back up and for some others to sign up to as many forums as possible but only if they are willing. Tip of the day! I use one password for my regular forums and another for news posting, all with a hotmail account. I take precautions.

Quote:
I am asking about the RSS feed about not too long ago each news were translated into French and Dutch. I don't know if it would be a good idea to restart this feature. I guess I'll have to ask at the next meeting.

On this subject well we have had debate about how much should be translated and we came to the conclusion that the amount of work involved to do this is far outside of asking. It has to be up to the individual in how much is being translated and when and how often. So much of the RSS feed is copy and paste, alter a bit and hey presto it is done.

All said and done, thanks for thinking about me Kalypso but you might as well put your efforts to what you are doing. I am ok in the basement, in the postal room all by myself. The only time I get company is when we get something to post manually and then it's only dash in get their assignment and the leave. But I have gotten used it and besides I have Silky to keep me company. He or she is the spider up in the corner. Hey it's a calling what can I say. :D

Szark

Andros
Ritratto di Andros
Messenger

:mrgreen: Thanks Szark. ;) Keep up the good work and say Hi to Silky from me. ;)

"looking for news articles to write about."

Maybe the new messengers with a fresh eye would find good articles to write about (Kind of a brainstorm). i'll ask them. Would they be the ones to write them or you would just want their ideas Szark so you can write them? (Both options are fine)

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Quote:
Maybe the new messengers with a fresh eye would find good articles to write about (Kind of a brainstorm). i'll ask them. Would they be the ones to write them or you would just want their ideas Szark so you can write them? (Both options are fine)

Both options are fine with me. We have gained some new writers recently so that's good. But try to remember it is a newsletter not the Archiver. Short succinct and to the point whereas the Archiver can be more in depth, I like doing both because I am learning to write so I need to practice on different formats, another reason why I have an IC Uru blog. Now, you and I, Kalypso have the same thoughts on affiliates and I have had some criticism, in the past, about using translators to translate the Archiver announcements. Something I do not do now or will ever do.
I cannot see any reason why the writers can't do both Newsletter and Archiver. Besides there always stuff I write about in the Newsletter that I wouldn't have minded in the Archiver, but expanded. Choosing what goes where is something that one learns as one goes. Meaty stories I like to hold back for the Archiver but not always and like the July I did a small piece for the newsletter about the Myst Movie Animatic and for the Archiver I expanded on it.

Szark and Silky the Subterranean Spider.

Lynnutte
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 30 Ott 2007
Quote:
Meaty stories I like to hold back for the Archiver

You've been holding out on us Szark!?! :shock: :evil:

I'm gonna have to go get my whip now! :twisted: :wink:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

No not lately honest.........please don't beat me................I promise to be good.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Page one list updated.

Lynnutte
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 30 Ott 2007

HOLY WOW! That's a lot of sites!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.